6.02.2009

I Can Grow Things.

Crispy.

Golden Arrow Lettuce.

Being able to grow my own food is something I have become really invested in the last few months. Through research and hands-on experience, I have found a sense of pride through watching seeds sprout and grow into real looking plants. I can't imagine how excited I will be when I can pull plump tomatoes off the vine and grill my own squash.

Pea Vines. Tomato Blossoms.

Pea Vines and Black Cherry Tomato Blossoms.

While I don't know if my plants will really yield all that much, since there aren't very many of them, I like the idea of starting to grow things and become part of the growing and harvesting cycle, even if only to provide small amounts of food for myself. I like the thought of a big, green garden. I like to dream of a cellar full of beautiful canned tomatoes, fruit jams and gorgeous potatoes.

Yellow Crook Neck Squash.
Yellow Crook Neck Squash